Journal entry by james witzman — 5/5/2017
Jo had a restful night, a lot of coughing, still clearing out the junk from H flu he has.
His vitals remain steady and strong but it is hard to watch when he coughs. :(
Today we had hoped to reduce his intubation support but based on his chest cold the Dr. feels we should wait until the virus resolves more. While removing the tube would be a great next step, the virus is still affecting his breathing so he thinks we should continue the machine support until he's feeling better.
Not much more to report.
Jojobinks, rest and heal today, mommy and daddy are here.